Indoor Adult Soccer Policies
Snow Day Cancellation
League games may be cancelled due to the weather conditions at the facility. The decision to cancel leagues will be made 3 hours prior to kick-off and communicated via Social Media and email to all participants. Unfortunately, no credit or refund can be provided for cancelled games.
- Mandatory shin pads for players (covered by socks or track pants).
- Players not wearing shin pads will be asked to leave the field of play.
BRACES & CASTS
- Sport-specific (light weight, smooth, soft exterior, plastic) and (bubble) wrapped (metal and plaster) braces & casts are acceptable if they provide sufficient cushion and safety to other players.
- Aggressive, sloppy and/or dangerous play while wearing a brace or cast is not acceptable. Players wearing a brace or cast assume all liability to the safety of themselves and all other participants as a result of their choice.
- Necklaces, bracelets and chains must be removed.
- Removal of all piercing and body jewelry is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED for all players. Referees will not turn away players with taped piercings and body jewelry, however, if a player wishes to play with jewelry (however concealed) they assume all responsibility and liability to the safety of themselves and all other participants as a result of their choice.
- Active Sports Eye wear with a head strap is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED for players who require corrective eye wear. Referees will not turn away players who do not have Active Sports Eye wear, however, if a player wishes to play with glasses they must have a head strap and they assume all responsibility and liability to the safety of themselves and all other participants as a result of their eye wear choice.
- Head coverings may be worn although it is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED the fabric of such be elastic and tight fitting so as not to become a strangulation and/or tripping hazard. Players wearing head coverings during play assume all responsibility and liability to the safety of themselves and all other participants as a result of their clothing choice. Referees will not turn away players who wear head coverings.
- Shorts, track pants and/or leggings are the preferred clothing while playing soccer, however, players may choose to wear alternate/additional clothing during play as long as the player is clearly identifiable as to which team they belong and have their number clearly visible on their back. It is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED that if a player wears a skirt, the length should not fall below the ankle and be appropriately designed and worn so as not to become a tripping hazard. Players wearing skirts during play assume all responsibility and liability to the safety of themselves and all other participants as a result of their clothing choice. Referees will not turn away players who wear skirts.
Players are required to play in a matching team jersey with a unique number, and that number must be noted on the referee's game sheet.
Players added to the roster of any team are responsible for their:
- individual membership fees,
- team fees,
- outstanding fines, and
- completed liability waiver.
Rosters may be updated up to the start of the 8th game of the season.
Players may play on multiple teams in the same division, but must commit to one team during any playoff game conflicts.
Adult teams may be added to leagues without payment, however $1,000 deposit must be paid before the first game is scheduled. Full payment is due before the third game. Player memberships and completed waivers are required to play.
Players must be registered with a completed waiver to play.
Facility memberships expire on August 31st. They are non-refundable and must be renewed annually.
Team fees are non-refundable. No refunds on any deposits or payments made towards team fees for teams that fold mid-season.
Discipline & Fines
RED and YELLOW cards are at the discretion of the referees. Any player accumulating three (3) YELLOW cards (while playing in any Soccer World managed league or division) will receive a one week suspension and an automatic $100 fine. YELLOW cards carry over from season to season, but expire 12 months after being issued. Any player receiving two (2) YELLOW cards in a single game or a RED Card receives the OSA table suspension and an automatic $100 fine.
Payment of any fines must be settled prior to the next game. The team of the player who received the fine must pay their fine before playing the next game.
Players receiving a RED card, in addition to the fine and suspension, are also suspended from playing future (league and playoff) games in the same season against the same team. Suspensions may be appealed in writing once the fine has been paid.
COED teams must play a minimum of 2 women on the field at all times. In cases where a team is short women, the team must play short.
No-Shows / Not enough players to start
Teams unable to field at least 5 players will automatically have the game recorded as a 3 - 0 loss. In cases where the team is short players, they may "recruit" qualified (valid membership and signed waiver) players from other teams to join and play an exhibition game.
- Week one games are scheduled in order of payments received.
- Schedule requests may be submitted by email at least five (5) days prior to the second league game. Every effort will be made to accommodate requests, but they are never guaranteed.
- Semi-final and championship games times are not negotiable.
Soccer World reserves the right to place teams in divisions and may move teams mid-season to balance skill levels and maintain the competitiveness of divisions.
Repeated inappropriate behaviour may result in expulsion, and loss of deposits and payments from the facility, leagues and programs. Soccer World reserves the right to refuse future registration to these persons and/or teams.