Indoor Soccer (u6-u17) Policies
Snow Day Cancellation
Youth Leagues may be cancelled due to the weather conditions at the facility. The decision to cancel leagues will be made at 2pm on the day and communicated via Social Media and email to all participants. Unfortunately, no credit or refund can be provided for cancelled games.
- Mandatory shin pads for players (covered by socks or track pants).
- Players not wearing shin pads will be asked to leave the field of play.
BRACES & CASTS
- Sport-specific (light weight, smooth, soft exterior, plastic) and (bubble) wrapped (metal and plaster) braces & casts are acceptable if they provide sufficient cushion and safety to other players.
- Aggressive, sloppy and/or dangerous play while wearing a brace or cast is not acceptable. Players wearing a brace or cast assume all liability to the safety of themselves and all other participants as a result of their choice.
- Necklaces, bracelets and chains must be removed.
- Removal of all piercing and body jewelry is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED for all players. Referees will not turn away players with taped piercings and body jewelry, however, if a player wishes to play with jewelry (however concealed) they assume all responsibility and liability to the safety of themselves and all other participants as a result of their choice.
- Active Sports Eye wear with a head strap is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED for players who require corrective eye wear. Referees will not turn away players who do not have Active Sports Eye wear, however, if a player wishes to play with glasses they must have a head strap and they assume all responsibility and liability to the safety of themselves and all other participants as a result of their eye wear choice.
- Head coverings may be worn although it is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED the fabric of such be elastic and tight fitting so as not to become a strangulation and/or tripping hazard. Players wearing head coverings during play assume all responsibility and liability to the safety of themselves and all other participants as a result of their clothing choice. Referees will not turn away players who wear head coverings.
- Shorts, track pants and/or leggings are the preferred clothing while playing soccer, however, players may choose to wear alternate/additional clothing during play as long as the player is clearly identifiable as to which team they belong and have their number clearly visible on their back. It is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED that if a player wears a skirt, the length should not fall below the ankle and be appropriately designed and worn so as not to become a tripping hazard. Players wearing skirts during play assume all responsibility and liability to the safety of themselves and all other participants as a result of their clothing choice. Referees will not turn away players who wear skirts.
Facility memberships expire on August 31st. They are non-refundable and must be renewed annually.
Players must be registered with a completed waiver to play.
- Fees are non-refundable; withdrawal prior to the first day of the session will result in a credit less an administration fee of $75.
- Memberships are non-refundable.
Age Requirements & Playing Up
Players may play in a higher division if they wish, and girls may play in any boys league.
Coaches are predominantly College & University students with ever-changing schedules. We ask our coaches to commit for the full season but this is not always possible and occasionally coaches will change mid-session.
Coaches are assigned to our programs based on availability, experience and program needs. Assignments are done just before each new session. You may request a specific coach but it can never be guaranteed.
Players may make one reciprocal friend request where both players request each other. Multiple friend requests cannot be accommodated to allow coordinator to fairly balance teams.
Discipline & Fines
RED and YELLOW cards are at the discretion of the referee. Any youth player receiving a RED card is automatically suspended for the next game. Prior to returning to play, the player and parent/guardian must arrange and meet with management to discuss the incident and to secure permission to return to play. Failure to meet automatically extends the suspension. No credit is due for any missed games as a result of referee or league discipline.
Repeated inappropriate behaviour may result in expulsion, and loss of deposits and payments from the facility, leagues and programs. Soccer World reserves the right to refuse future registration to these persons and/or teams.